Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO)… A Deadly Substance? A Widespread Menace?.. Use Enough Scary Language And Anything Can Seem Fatal-
Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.
My personal opinion is that Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is not nearly as dangerous as some people make it out to be… I personally have been exposed to vast quantities of it and have only rarely suffered adverse effects. Although I do know friends and relatives that have died from excessive exposure to the stuff. And I certainly agree that putting the stuff in milk, gasoline or whiskey is to be avoided. But… Then again… My opinion is from a person who has also been exposed to vast quantities of radiation …
So… in all fairness… Here is a link to an organization that makes a good argument about how much of this stuff people are exposed to and it’s role in the real, theoretical, theological and potential destruction of mankind… They even point to passages in the Bible that indicate a mass extinction took place due to exposure to what could have only been mass quantities of DHMO… In fact… It is a scientifically proven fact that continuous inhalation of this substance is indeed fatal. Here is another link to many surveys from different countries that prove that a majority of the people would want DHMO banned.
Among the many commonly-cited DHMO-related environmental impacts are:
- DHMO contributes to global warming and the “Greenhouse Effect”, and is one of the so-called “greenhouse gasses.”
- DHMO is an “enabling component” of acid rain — in the absence of sufficient quantities of DHMO, acid rain is not a problem.
- DHMO is a causative agent in most instances of soil erosion — sufficiently high levels of DHMO exacerbate the negative effects of soil erosion.
- DHMO is present in high levels nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.
- Measurable levels of DHMO have been verified in ice samples taken from both the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps.
- Recent massive DHMO exposures have lead to the loss of life and destruction of property in California, the Mid-West, the Philippines, and a number of islands in the Caribbean, to name just a few.
- Research has shown that significant levels of DHMO were found in the devastating Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004 which killed 230,000 in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and elsewhere, making it the deadliest tsunami in recorded history.
- It is widely believed that the levee failures, flooding and the widespread destruction resulting from Hurricane Katrina along the U.S. Gulf Coast in 2005 were caused or exacerbated by excessive DHMO levels found in the Gulf of Mexico, along with other contributing factors.
Read More at : http://www.dhmo.org/